The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding, and skills required for a career in the health and social care sector at a managerial level. The program enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work or training activities. Learners will acquire care management skills in the Health and Social Care sector.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 diploma or equivalent recognized qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery center regarding this experience prior to registering for the program)
- The learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT), and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Partnership Working in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Safeguarding and Protecting Vulnerable Individuals (20 credits)
- Health Improvement and Promotion of Well-being (20 credits)
- Leading Teams in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Providing Professional Supervision for Staff (20 credits)
- Research in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, and online.
Successful completion of Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 6 Diplomas. The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into the Final year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.